Saturday, December 15, 2012

My First Post

Hi my name is Bethany and I am here to talk about my new hobby, Knitting. I am just beginning and have only complete a couple of projects. I have finished a scarf and a hat. I finally figured out how to use circular needles and dpns. I have had minor success with these tools. I am in the middle of finishing a hat and scarf set for my father-in-law for Christmas. This morning I needed a small break from the hat and started on my case for my kindle. I learned a new technique this morning called seed stitch. It took some time for me to figure it out, I didn't realize you have to move the working yarn from front to back and vise verse when k1 p1. I look forward to seeing the finished product but this will be my first project with buttons and button holes. I am hoping to find lots of projects to keep me busy. After the first of the year I will start my Christmas presents for the following Christmas but then I hope to create 200 hats and scarfs to donate to a local homeless shelter for next winter. I may be setting the goal a little high but with hard work, determination, and motivation I believe that I can accomplish my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment